Dutch Network Science Society Young Talent Prize
The Dutch Network Science Society Young Talent Prize is awarded to an early-career talent in Network Science. Nominees will be evaluated for one (or more) specific accomplishments. The evaluation (jury led by the steering committee and board of the Dutch Network Science Society) will follow the guidelines stated in the new position paper on recognizing and rewarding academics by VSNU, which allows for diversification of excellence to include not only scientific quality but also accomplishments in the domains of education, impact, and leadership.
The Young Talent Prize of the Dutch Network Society includes a monetary award and an opportunity for the awardee to give an invited talk at the Dutch NetSci Symposium 2023.
In 2023 the prize is sponsored by the Centraal Bureau voor de Statistiek, CBS.
- The candidate must have at least a Master’s degree at the time of nomination.
- If the candidate is a doctor, the Ph.D. degree must have been obtained within three years before the nomination’s submission deadline.
- The candidate must be a member of the Dutch Network Science Society at the time of nomination.
- The accomplishments of the nominee must be related to Network Science and must be achieved when the candidate is/was affiliated with a Dutch University.
Submission deadline for nominations: May 1st, 2023.
Applications should be submitted by the candidates themselves to firstname.lastname@example.org and must include a single pdf file containing:
- a 200-word narrative in English on the candidate’s eligibility for this award. The narrative contents should describe the applicant’s accomplishments relevant to the prize;
- an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae optionally containing URLs to external material deemed relevant (e.g., Ph.D. thesis, scientific articles, popular scientific materials, educational innovation, etc);
- contact information containing at least the applicant’s email address and phone number.
Send your application as a single pdf file to email@example.com.
The subject line must contain: “Nomination for the 2023 Dutch Network Science Society Young Talent Prize”.
Questions regarding the prize and selection procedure should be sent to Maksim Kitsak, firstname.lastname@example.org.